Ascent to Felicity: Understanding Islamic Beliefs and Worship
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani Course Format:
12 downloadable sessions, 12 live sessions
Not currently offered. Length:
19 weeks Course ID:
Registration is closed.
Join our mailing list to
This class has finished. The final class was held on December 19th 2012. Registration will remain open until January 18th 2013 to allow all students to access the recorded lessons.
Seeking clarity about how to worship Allah properly? Want to perform your wudu, prayer, fasts, and other acts of worship according to the example of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace)? This course will give you clear, practical guidance on how to worship in a sound manner, and to bring the Prophetic sunna into your acts of turning to Allah.
The course also covers Islamic beliefs in a clear and concise manner, answering many of the questions you have about what we believe in and why.
Understanding Islamic Beliefs & Worship is a complete introduction to the key principles and core details of how to worship one’s Lord with clarity--covering the details of ritual purification, prayer, fasting, zakat, and hajj--as well as a clear introduction to Islamic beliefs.
This course covers a concise yet clear and comprehensive manual on Islamic beliefs and worship by the 12 Century (Hijri) scholar, Imam Shurunbulali, “Ascent to Felicity
.” This text has been ably translated and commented upon by another SeekersGuidance teacher, Shaykh Faraz A. Khan
, a student of Shaykh Faraz Rabbani.
Upon registering for this course, students will receive email notification of how to join the live class each week. In addition to the live classes, students are encouraged to use the SeekersForum.
1) Introduction to the Science of Fiqh and Introduction to the Author of the Text
2) Beliefs I, Purification I
3) Beliefs II, Purification II
4) Beliefs III, Purification III
5) Beliefs IV, Purification IV - Legal cause of Wudu
6) Beliefs V, Purification V-Recommended Acts of Wudu
7) Beliefs VII, Purification-Ghusl
8) Beliefs in Prophets, Tayammum
9) Death,The Grave, and The AfterLife, Wiping over FootGear
10) Benefitting the dead, The fiqh of cast and banadages
11) Transmitted Beliefs
12) Charging a Muslim with disbelief
13) Covenant taken with all the children of Adam
15) Beliefs On Knowledge and Decree, Menstruation II
16) Matters of the Hereafter
17) The Throne and the Footstool, Removal of filth
18) Isra and Mi'raj, Removal of Filth
19) Cleaning after reliving one's self, Principles of Purification
20) Ranks of Prophets, Companions, and Saints. Introduction to Prayer
21) Beliefs-Miracles, the Reality of the Prayer, Prayer Times
22) Rank of the Companions, times when it is invalid, and disliked to pray
23) Conditions of the Prayer
24) The Integrals of Prayer
25) Prayer of those Close to Allah
26) The Mandatory Elements of the Prayer
27) Emphasized sunnas of the prayer
28) The Complete Prayer Described
29) The invalidators of the prayer, The disliked actions of the prayer
30) External actions in prayer
31) Prayer of the Traveller
32) The Adab of Travel - from Nawawi's Majmu
33) The Adab of Travel - Part 2
34) Prayer of the Sick
Requirements & Prerequisites