If I pass my wet hands over a dry spot on my arms left after washing does this suffice for the washing?

Question Summary

If I pass my wet hands over a dry spot on my arms left after washing, does this suffice for the washing?

Answer

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate

It is a condition for washing any limb to validate that flowing water contacts every part of that limb. [Shurunbulali, Maraqi al -Falah]

One can use their hand to guide the flowing water to each part of the hand, emphasizing sunna in the Wudu. [Shurunbulali, Maraqi al -Falah]

If you realize a dry spot on one of your limbs during wudu, merely take some new water and wash that part.

Hope this helps
Allah knows best
[Shaykh] Yusuf Weltch

Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Shaykh Yusuf Weltch is a teacher of Arabic, Islamic law, and spirituality. After accepting Islam in 2008, he then completed four years at the Darul Uloom seminary in New York, where he studied Arabic and the traditional sciences. He then traveled to Tarim, Yemen, where he stayed for three years studying in Dar Al-Mustafa under some of the greatest scholars of our time, including Habib Umar Bin Hafiz, Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf, and Shaykh Umar al-Khatib. In Tarim, Shaykh Yusuf completed the memorization of the Qur’an and studied beliefs, legal methodology, hadith methodology, Qur’anic exegesis, Islamic history, and several texts on spirituality. He joined the SeekersGuidance faculty in the summer of 2019.