Adab of Du’a (Prayers) 25
Allah Most High says, “I am near – I answer the call of the one who calls upon me” (2:186)
Yet, many of us wonder: Are my du’as being answered? Is there a certain du’a I have to read for each of my muslim-making-dua-by-the-oceanconcerns? Do my du’as have to be in Arabic?
In this series of short talks, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani explains the reality of du’a (supplication) and how to turn to Allah. It is based on a classical text on the same subject by Shaykh al Islam Zakariyya al Ansari.
This video, Shaykh Faraz discusses the nature of Allah’s acceptance of du’as. He goes through the signs of acceptance, the various ways that du’a can be accepted, and the etiquette of asking from Allah.
The text is divided into the 11 concise, apt sections described below.
1. The reality of du’a
2. Our being called on to make du’a
3. The great virtue of du’a
4. The integrals of supplication, its wings, and its means
5. The conditions of supplication
6. Its proper manners
7. The times of du’a and the state in which it should be made
8. Signs of acceptance of du’a
9. Explaining the religious ruling of du’a
10. Some encompassing supplications
11. Explaining what the greatest Divine Name is
Take a SeekersHub online course. All courses are completely free, and are taught by reliable, qualified scholars.
SeekersHub Global, a non-profit Islamic educational portal, makes sound knowledge from reliable scholars available anywhere, at any time, through online courses, on-the-ground seminars, engaging and inspiring Islamic media and direct access to scholars through our Answers service — all for FREE.