Join the conversation regarding sacred wisdom and pathways to non-violence at the 2016 Festival of Faith conference in Louisville, Kentucky with Dr. Ingrid Mattson as she profoundly connects the viewer and listener to the nature of need as the true human experience and Vulnerability as its gateway.
It seems that all aspects of life stem down to the notion of power or the lack thereof. Suffering is real; evil occurs and is experienced. What then is our response? How do we understand and connect?
Dr. Ingrid’s response is real and compelling: “everyone will do what they will do and my job is to learn in that situation; my job is to see the opportunity for me to express my reliance and awareness of God’s Power ; to understand what it means to be in need of mercy, to be in need of compassion, and to be in need of justice.”
Vulnerability allows us to have the courage to go forward and try to exemplify prophetic virtues into action for the sake of all of those whose peace is being disturbed.
We are grateful to the Festival of Faith for the video. Cover photo by Bhatti Mashooque
Resources for the Seekers:
- A Reader on Patience and Reliance on Allah
- reliance on Allah Archives
- Suffering and Divine Wisdom
- Divine Decree, Contentment, and Lessons From the Prophet’s Life
- Contentment, Reliance on Allah, and Pure Intention
- Good Character Archives
- Human Forgiveness: What You Need To Know About It
- Successful Believers, Knowing the Prophet, Allah’s Generosity,