That there is a crisis of modern masculinity, there is no doubt. Everyone from bloggers to The Atlantic Monthly is writing about it. Shaykh Abdal-Hakim Murad begins first with a synopsis of how damaging life without a father figure is and then moves on to discuss contemporary gender confusion as promoted by mass media: what exactly is a man, and what is a woman? We’ve lost count of how many brilliant points the shaykh makes in just 13 minutes!
Becoming a Man: A Comprehensive Guide to the Coming of Age in Islam is one of 30+ courses on offer at SeekersHub. Registration is easy and free.
Our gratitude to Mishkat Media for this recording.
Resources on the crisis of modern masculinity and related matters:
- Ibn Khaldun on the instruction of children and its different methods
- Reader on What it Means to be a Man According to Islam
- Raising Muslim Children On The Straight Path
- How to be real men, by Habib Ali Al-Jifri
- Becoming A Man – A New Course for Those Coming of Age (podcast)
- My Father Was Smarter Than I Thought
- Raising Children with Deen and Dunya
- A Ragged Shirt and Toast Crust: Raising Successful Children
- Free SeekersHub Course: Islamic Parenting: Raising Upright Children
- Traditional Methods of Raising Children
- VIDEO PLAYLIST: Prophetic Advice For Raising Righteous Children
- Raising Children With A Sound Heart