“Young men and women, we plead with you to take time out for contemplation. The path you are taking is not correct. It will never lead to paradise. This is a path of total destruction to both this life and the next. Your Jihad should be building up your countries. Your jihad should be treating people with excellent charity. Your Jihad should be treating your parents with the most excellent of manners instead of this harsh and improper conduct. Your jihad is in your parents, as the Prophet (pbuh) said. Your Jihad is in all noble deeds as stated by Ibn Tayymiya. This is the Jihad we’re directing you towards – the indisputable Jihad.
“As for the path you’re taking, it is nothing but a dark tunnel, leading to nothingness. Islam does not allow wasteful nothingness. Islam is all about being positive, not negative. Allah said, “…and do not destroy one another for, behold, God is indeed a dispenser of grace unto you!” To the people and the scholars of Baghdad, Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal said, “Do not shed your blood and cause the bloodshed of Muslims because of your choices – instead, ponder deeply and think of the consequences of your deeds. The path of mutual bloodshed is definitely incorrect. All young men and women involved in this path must return to the pinciple Truths of Islam. They must take a long and hard look at reality and sincerely revisit their own intentions. They must fear Allah and come back to the mosques for proper worship and learning. They must come back to hospitals where they can help treat their people. They must join forces in charitable acts towards the poor. This is the true path of Islam.”
Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah (biography)
Warning: This video contains disturbing images.
Resources for Seekers:
- Paris Attacks: Response and Responsibility
- Afraid to get groceries? On being a woman in turbulent times
- “Be Unapologetically Muslim No Matter What”
- Finding Safety and Solace in the Sunnah
- “Our hearts are with all who are suffering in California”
- What Is the Meaning of the Hadith “Ruined Are the Extremists”?
- ISIS, Sex Slaves and Islam – reflections from Imam Zaid Shakir
- Helping our children find the light in dark times
- The threat to religious guidance
- “Peace is always in the middle, never at the extremes”
- Fatwa Against Terrorism and the Targeting Of Civilians
- Khawarij Ideology, ISIS Savagery
- Humanity before Religiosity
- On War & Beheading: How ISIS Manipulates Hadiths
- This is not the path to paradise, advice from Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah
- Injustice Cannot Defeat Injustice
- On the mass murder of Coptic Christians by ISIS
- Islam vs. ISIS: A Letter to Baghdadi from Leading Scholars
- Clarity in Crisis: How Believers Look at Trials and How they Respond, Guided by Prophetic Light
- Striking Necks: It Must Be the Kharijites!
- Anger, Restraint, Wisdom and the Prophetic Message in Our Times
- Explaining the Chapel Hill shooting to children
- Six Reasons Why the Fort Hood Killings by Nidal Hasan Are Clearly Impermissible (Haram) in Islamic Law
- Help Us End Extremism and “Ugly Islam”