What’s the problem with having a materialistic, dunya-centered world view? You become instantly poor no matter how much wealth you have. You graduate from a Camaro to a Masarati to a Rolls-Royce, going through object after object but never being at peace with yourself, says Imam Zaid Shakir.
In this funny and captivating video clip, Imam Zaid Shakir opens our eyes to the flawed views that we have oftentimes grown up with, and encouraged us to look deep within and search for true and lasting happiness.
We are grateful to Nueces Mosque for this recording.
Resources for Seekers
- Short Film: al-Hayat al-Dunya (The Life of This World) by Abobakar Mohamad
- Putting Shoes On Our Heads, Counsel from Habib Ali Al-Jifri
- Finding Peace through “The Comforter”
- Raising Children with Deen and Dunya
- War is not the Way: Peace is the Path by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
- Do Something Good Before Leaving this Dunya