Job: Development Coordinator
Date: July 2021
We are presently seeking a highly qualified Development Coordinator experienced in the field of fundraising, donor management, and external engagement with strategic partners.
This critical position entails direct responsibility and stewardship of our Development function. The primary objectives of this position are to:
- Assist the Head of Development in planning and implementing development campaigns and fundraising events and assist in formulating the organization’s development goals and strategies
- Build and manage relations with strategic partners, maintaining a high degree of donor engagement and assisting in formulating and executing plans to enhance the donor relationship.
- Keep a record of donations and maintain and monitor campaign budgets.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full-time (40 hours a week, flexibility with working hours is required.)
- Location: Remote Working
- Remuneration: Commensurate to Qualifications & Experience
Development and Fundraising:
- Work with the development team to develop and execute strategies to create fundraising opportunities for various operational campaigns.
- Provide critical support in scheduling and managing annual fundraising events and campaigns.
- Manage and maintain all vendor relationships, and liaise with other internal teams including the outreach, content, media, teams in preparation for the campaign.
- Gather content for cases of support and evaluation reports for donors, and prepare all marketing collateral in easily accessible folders for use in meetings with external constituents
- Write internal reports and presentations on fundraising progress for senior management.
Donation Processing & Stewardship:
- Track and process present and incoming donations and act as a point of contact for all donations- data for the Development department.
- Generate timely acknowledgments for all large donations within 48 hours of receipt.
- Work closely with the Finance department to resolve any database and donation questions.
- Maintain a fundraising database, with accurate information on donor intent, purpose, etc. ensuring that all information is entered according to protocol, updated, and accurate.
- Manage CRM maintenance, financial reports, segmentation, fundraising research, campaign planning, tracking and reporting, and other development functions.
- Assist in the logistics of donor site visits, monthly board meetings, and other events or meetings that require significant planning and execution.
- Manage department emails, newsletter editing, fundraising calls, and messaging across platforms.
Candidate Profile and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in the field of development and fundraising is essential.
- Ability to build relationships with donors, all levels of management, and volunteers in a professional manner.
- Ability to manage projects and operations within budget.
- Knowledge of Arabic (written and spoken) is desirable.
- Able to work collaboratively across the board, with the capacity to be a constructive team player.
- Ability to think in strategic terms and a willingness to exercise leadership.
The candidate must also have a sound understanding of our core audience, the global Muslim community, and must demonstrate an understanding of core traditional Islamic values. This is to ensure they are able to communicate with audiences effectively.