Vacancy: Development Copywriter
Date: September 2022
SeekersGuidance is seeking an experienced and passionate copywriter who strongly believes in our mission to spread Islamic knowledge.
As a key member of the Development team, the development writer will be tasked with writing and editing effective copy that raises funds and awareness for SeekersGuidance and The Islamic Scholars Fund and showcases our success stories across a variety of media including our website, email appeals, social media, video, and print.
The candidate will also be involved in documenting case studies, liaising with outreach, extracting information from stakeholders, and coordinating related campaign deliverables.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full time (40 hours per week)
- Location: Remote
Write engaging email appeals that compel people to become donors, monthly donors, and high-level supporters.
The Fund’s Digital Presence:
- Develop the Islamic Scholars Fund’s online presence by sourcing and documenting success stories and creating video scripts.
- Enhance the organization’s donation pages.
- Liaise with outreach to optimize messaging for social media platforms and provide regular updates to our donor base.
- Develop annual and seasonal reports that showcase the various areas of work of the organization.
- Cultivate brand awareness and ensure fundraising copy is on-brand, effective, and highlights the dignity and resilience of the people we serve.
- Play a role in defining and developing the messaging for fundraising events.
- 2+ years of experience writing email appeals for nonprofits and/or fundraising campaigns
- Has a proven track record developing engaging copy and campaigns for digital marketing channels.
- Is an outstanding writer with a track record of producing content that sways hearts and minds.
- Develops materials that are focused on cultivation and retention, demonstrating the impact of a donor’s generosity
- Is an excellent proofreader and editor with a keen eye for detail.
- Open to feedback and able to adjust content accordingly.
- Has the ability to translate programmatic language into a consumer-facing solid copy.
- Writing, informed by performance data and testing that achieves results.
- Has a genuine passion for showcasing the success stories of the Islamic Scholars Fund and SeekersGuidance.
- Is a creative problem solver who can navigate complexity and ambiguity to get to the heart of and cultivate an extraordinary story.