Job: Head of Marketing
Date: July 2021
We are presently seeking a highly qualified Head of Marketing experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, communication, and excellent community engagement skills.
This critical position entails direct responsibility and stewardship of our Marketing function. The primary objectives of this position are to:
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic marketing plan to advance SeekersGuidance’s brand identity and increase its global visibility.
- Showcase the core values of SeekersGuidance, and make our educational and guidance services accessible to a wider audience around the globe.
- Strategically oversee and manage the outreach campaigns and digital advertising to convert the wide reach of SeekersGuidance into online donations and impact.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full-time (40 hours a week- flexibility with working hours is required.)
- Location: Remote Working
- Remuneration: Commensurate to Qualifications & Experience
- Develop and implement a fully integrated strategic communications plan to advance SeekersGuidance’s brand identity and increase its visibility.
- Showcase the core values of SeekersGuidance, and make our educational and guidance services accessible to a wider audience.
- Manage SeekersGuidance’s website: this includes maintaining the integrity of website content and structure, monitoring and reporting on key metrics and performance, using a range of analytics tools, and setting up and achieving key operational KPIs for the website and core services online.
- Develop and manage an effective on and off-site Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy in collaboration with the Tech Manager.
- Managing a consistent social media presence across established and emerging channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Develop and manage an effective digital advertising strategy, building critical campaigns for student recruitment, donations, and general brand awareness, meet defined KPIs.
- Work with staff and contractors to develop and implement social networking strategies, create content, and monitor and respond to inquiries.
- Analyze funder insights and utilize marketing best practices to build successful strategies to effectively convert ‘reach’ into support through engagement.
- Work with the senior management team, to develop an effective marketing and outreach strategy in line with the organization’s key objectives and goals.
- Work closely with other departments such as Academy to deliver an effective marketing strategy and outcomes.
Candidate Profile and Skills:
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of outreach and marketing is essential.
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, communications, and developing marketing plans and external outreach campaigns, preferably within the fundraising or non-profit sector.
- Keen social media expertise with strong competence in visual communications.
- Experience in website management.
- Effective people management, open to direction with a collaborative work style.
- Online and in-person audience engagement.
- Knowledge of Arabic (written and spoken) is highly desirable.
- Able to work collaboratively across company boundaries, with the capacity to be a constructive team player.
- Ability to think in strategic terms and a willingness to exercise leadership.
- Able to generate new ideas and support innovation and creativity in outreach.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage projects and operations within budget
The candidate must also have a sound understanding of our core audience, the global Muslim community, and must demonstrate an understanding of core traditional Islamic values. This is to ensure they are able to communicate with audiences effectively.