Job: Head of Media
Date: July 2021
We are presently seeking a highly qualified Head of Media experienced in strategic and operational management and implementation of activities related to the conception, design, creation, development, and production of media content including video, audio, graphics, multimedia, and other forms of digital media.
This critical position entails direct responsibility and stewardship of our Media function. The primary objectives of this position are to:
- Oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of a broad array of media production.
- Set media standards for audio, video, and broadcast and ensure they are being held across the media team and teachers.
- Manage a remote team and work closely with them to provide consultation and support where needed.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full-time (40 hours a week, flexibility with working hours is required.)
- Location: Remote Working.
- Remuneration: Commensurate to Qualifications & Experience.
- Monitor and manage the timelines, deliverables across remote teams and locations.
- Manage and schedule resources as per media production expectations.
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks and media costs.
- Evaluate media efforts results and prepare measures of success.
- Resolve any escalated issues arising from operations and require coordination with other departments.
- Perform constant market research and identify opportunities and evolving issues and interpret new technologies to improve quality production.
- Manage media budgets, maintain precise spending estimates and propose upgrades as required.
- Implement authorized plans, media payments, and purchase orders.
Candidate Profile and Skills:
- 5-7 years of experience in the field of media or project managment is essential.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken) is essential.
- Extensive media setting and maintaining media standards, and operational experience in working in a fast-paced production environment.
- Keen media expertise with strong competence in visual communications.
- Effective people management, open to direction with a collaborative work style.
- Able to work collaboratively across company boundaries, with the capacity to be a constructive team player.
- Ability to think in strategic terms and a willingness to exercise leadership.
- Able to generate new ideas and support innovation and creativity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
The candidate must also have a sound understanding of our core audience, the global Muslim community, and must demonstrate an understanding of core traditional Islamic values. This is to ensure they are able to communicate with audiences effectively.