Vacancy: Head of Technology
Date: December 2022
We are presently seeking an experienced and dynamic Head of Technology.
The Head of Technology will be expected to lead the definition and deployment of the technology strategy, plans, and roadmap—to fulfill the organization’s mission to be a global leader in online religious education and guidance.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full-time, Flexibility with working hours is required.
- Location: Remote
- Oversee a robust Tech Systems Architecture that supports the organization’s vision and aspiration of becoming a global leader in religious online education.
- Ensure that a clear vision and delivery plan for our technology and digital services transformation is communicated to all staff and that ongoing delivery is transparent and well-communicated across the group and that all dependencies and risks are well managed.
- Oversee the back-end and front-end development of our WordPress site and learning management system, including the implementation and customization of Moodle themes and plugins, as well as site integration and security updates.
- Knowledge of system interfacing and integration technologies, including experience in integration between Moodle and other platforms such as WordPress and CRMs such as Nationbuilder is required.
- Manage all vendors to set up and maintain infrastructure.
- Ensure that our Content Management System and Learning Management Systems are operating smoothly and with excellence.
- Liaise with external agencies to develop and support our website, content, and learning management systems.
- Ensure that all components of the technology infrastructure are maintained appropriately.
The Head of Tech Role will intersect with many departmental requirements, including:
- Plan and drive the revamp of SeekersGuidance’s learning management system.
- Develop an enhanced Student Information System, Student Communication System, and Student Support system, integrating Live customer support on the catalog.
- Enhance Academy’s student evaluation systems.
- Develop more engaging student forums.
- Deal with external agencies to support revamping elements of SeekersGuidance’s learning management systems.
- Develop a mobile application for SeekersGuidance.
Outreach & Content:
Implement and manage in-line advertising on SeekersGuidance’s website.
- Ensure that our Content Management System is optimized to operate smoothly and with excellence.
- Oversee and drive search engine optimization.
- Optimize donor conversions on the website.
- Clean up and manage nation-builder pages.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for SeeekersGuidance’s website re-design.
- Ensure the website’s user experience is optimized to:
- Convey SeekersGuidance’s vision and value
- Drives traffic to course registrations.
- Captures website visitors’ emails.
- Drives donations.
Keep track and documentation of the website’s statistics.
- Strengthen SeekersGuidance’s main dashboards for clearer and more comprehensive metrics.
- Report on the required numbers on a consistent weekly basis.
- Monitor the server’s health on a daily basis and communicate any problems with server support.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all technical requests and problems are resolved.
- Update WordPress pages, and resolve any technical update plugins.
- Perform a monthly backup of all important data.
- Uphold the website’s security.
- Oversee the technology department, assign tasks, and ensure all the department members are delivering their activities, following basecamp regulations, and time tracking their hours.
- Keep up to date with best practices and technologies for WordPress sites and Learning Management Systems.