Vacancy: Media Manager
Date: June 2022
We are presently seeking a dynamic, experienced, and creative Media Manager who is experienced in digital media and project management.
The Media Manager will play a critical role in overseeing the video production of all of SeekersGuidance’s educational content and the development of promotional video content across owned and paid channels, including digital, social media, and live streams.
Key Job Parameters:
- Status: Full-time (40 hours a week, flexibility with working hours is required.)
- Location: This position is primarily remote, but candidates in Turkey are encouraged to apply.
Plan and oversee the production of all digital media content ranging from videography, photography, podcasts, basic A/V editing, and production.
- Drive the development and implementation of media standards across the organization’s multiple channels, in Canada, Turkey, and remotely.
- Oversee the recording schedule—daily, weekly, monthly—with local team/volunteers across
- Manage the continuous training of scholars and develop checklists to self-record their classes at the highest standards.
- Identify any issues with the content produced by the teaching faculty and obstacles in media development.
- Drive the production of course clips to promote the course material on a daily basis.
- Translate the organization’s outreach strategy into video briefs and concepts.
- Storyboard, script, and oversee the shooting of a series of videos to promote SeekersGuidance’s educational content, showcase its impact, and drive its fundraising efforts.
- Take ownership of SeekersGuidance live streams and ensure the programs are organized and streamed properly.
- Ensure all media equipment is appropriately selected, allocated, and maintained across the organization.
Team management and reporting
- Manage video projects, align to broader strategic goals, identify opportunities within the organization, and deliver projects within expected deadlines and budget.
- Direct teams to produce video content and photography, as well as touch all aspects of production from ideation, to video shooting, and post-production and provide creative oversight.
- Oversee all media operations relating to SeekersGuidance Global, SeekersGuidance Arabiyya, and SeekersGuidance Canada
- Prepare daily reports of media deliverables and projects to the Head of Outreach.
Candidate Profile & Skills:
- Atleast three years of experience in the field of media and content creation; demonstrating a strong understanding of audio and video editing and graphic design.
- Strong project management and operational experience.
- Must be able to speak English; additional knowledge of Arabic is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral skills to properly communicate creative concepts and ideas and create course descriptions, class descriptions, titles, and captions.
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership skills, takes the initiative, and meets deadlines.
- Experience with departmental reporting.
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced environments.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A keen eye for detail, especially regarding media production and output.