“Whoever travels a path to seek knowledge, Allah thereby facilitates for him a path to Paradise.” (Muslim) This course is the first step in your pursuit of religious knowledge. It explains what your religion is, what you must know about it, and how you should learn it. This course is taught according to the Hanafi school. If you would like to learn it according to the Shafi‘i school, take this course instead.
- Start here to complete STEP 1.
- This course has no prerequisites.
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Belief (Part 1)
- Lesson 3: Belief (Part 2)
- Lesson 4: Rulings of the Shariah
- Lesson 5: Purification (Part 1)
- Lesson 6: Purification (Part 2)
- Lesson 7: The Prayer (Part 1)
- Lesson 8: The Prayer (Part 2)
- Lesson 9: The Prayer (Part 3)
- Lesson 10: The Prayer (Part 4)
- Lesson 11: Zakat & Fasting
- Lesson 12: The Path to Salvation
What You Will Learn:
- Memorize the Hadith of Jibreel (upon him be peace)
- Understand how to seek religious knowledge
- Learn the basics of Islamic belief
- Learn the basic rules of wudu, ghusl, and prayer
- Learn the basic rules of fasting and zakat
- Learn how worship Allah Most High with sincerity
Course Requirements: This course has no prerequisites.
Course Format: 12 downloadable lessons, and monthly live session.
About the Course Text
This course is based on The Absolute Essentials of Islam: Faith, Prayer, and The Path of Salvation According to the Hanafi School, by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani (White Thread Press). This book covers what every Muslim must know about the basic guidance of Islam in its three dimensions: (1) beliefs (iman)—and how to have sound belief in Allah, His Prophets, and in transmitted beliefs; (2) submission (Islam)—by looking at the daily devotional obligation of ritual prayer; and (3) spiritual excellence (Ihsan)—by looking at key sins and vices to avoid, and key virtuous actions and traits to uphold in seeking closeness to Allah. Serious students should purchase a hard copy of the book to fully benefit from the course. “I know of no other manual of Islam that presents the essentials of the Hanafi school and basic Islamic belief so reliably, concisely, and elegantly as The Absolute Essentials of Islam. Faraz Rabbani is to be commended for producing a work from which the new Muslim can learn, the practicing Muslim check his fiqh, or the student merely curious about the practice of Islam see how it all fits together. It is likely to serve the Ummah, Allah willing, as long as there are English-speaking Muslims in it who want to know their din. This book works.” – Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller, Jordan