This course is a traditional word-by-word exposition of Imam Bajuri’s commentary on Imam Sanusi’s Umm al-Barahin (The Foundational Proofs). It covers the core beliefs of mainstream traditional Islam along with their key proofs. Students will learn the attributes of Allah Most High, those of His messengers (peace be upon them), matters of the unseen and their logical proofs. They will also learn how these meanings culminate in the Statement of Divine Oneness: there is no god but God.
The value of a subject is known by what is studied, and there is none greater than establishing and defending belief in Allah Most High and the points of knowledge to which He has granted eternal consequence. Imam Bajuri’s commentary on Imam Sanusi’s Umm al-Barahin establishes not only what Muslims believe in but why it must be true with logical rigour. Additionally, students will learn how to unpack the terse expressions of classical texts, preparing them for further study in the Islamic sciences.
- Understand the attributes of Allah Most High and their proofs
- Understand the attributes of His Messengers (peace be upon them) and their proofs
- Understand the Matters of the unseen and their proofs
- Understand how the meanings of Islamic theology culminate in the statement of Divine Oneness: there is no god but God.
- Learn how to unpack the terse expressions of classical Islamic texts and works on theology