“Allah is pure and accepts nothing but the pure.” The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) taught us that Allah only accepts the works and supplications of those who make their earnings and spending lawful. (Muslim) Take this course to learn how to practically bring the radiant example of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) into your work, earning, spending, and investing. Learn the basic principles of Islamic finance, the rules of investing in financial securities, contemporary Islamic finance scholarship, whose answers to rely upon, and—more importantly—what questions to ask, and how to distinguish between truly Shariah-compliant financial products and mere claims.
What You Will Learn:
- How to give zakat, including on contemporary financial instruments and investments
- The fiqh of charity
- Providing for family, parents, and children
- Wills, bequests, and inheritance
- The halal and haram of everyday transactions –buying, selling, and dealings
- Making one’s work, earnings, and spending halal and a means of seeking Allah’s pleasure
- What is riba’, and why is it haram?
- The principles of Islamic finance
- Investing in halal ways and using contemporary Islamic financial instruments
Course Format: 12 downloadable lessons, 3 live sessions.
About the Course Text
This course is based on classical and contemporary authoritative texts, such as the writings of Mufti Taqi Usmani, most notably his Introduction to Islamic Finance, the publications of the Islamic Fiqh Academy, and the AAOIFI Shariah Standards. It is designed to give students the understanding required to be able to fulfill one’s financial duties to Allah with excellence.
Registration Opens: September 30, 2019
Registration Closes: November 11, 2019
Note: Course material will be available on the first day of classes, October 21, 2019.
Please share this with your family and friends:
“Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward”– The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)