The essence of worship and adoration of Allah Most High is calling upon Him in awe, need love, and reliance. The series of lectures expounds the details of this primordial connection with our Creator and gives the backdrop and proper way of voluntary prayer (dua).
Allah Most High says, “I am near – I answer the call of the one who calls upon me (2:186). Yet, many of us wonder: Are my duas being answered? Is there a certain dua I have to read for each of my concerns? Do my duas have to be in Arabic?
In this Course, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani explains the reality of dua (supplication) and how to turn to Allah. It is based on a classical text on the same subject by Shaykh al Islam Zakariyya al Ansari.
The text is divided into 11 concise, apt sections described below.
1. The reality of dua
2. Our being called on to make dua
3. The great virtue of dua
4. The integrals of supplication, its wings, and its means
5. The conditions of supplication
6. Its proper manners
7. The times of dua and the state in which it should be made
8. Signs of acceptance of dua
9. Explaining the religious ruling of dua
10. Some encompassing supplications
11. Explaining what the greatest Divine Name is
- Understand the spiritual and theological reality of prayer
- Learn how to call upon Allah, what to ask for and what not to ask for
- Learn how to deal with seeming not being answered
- Memorize some key duas that one can use frequently
“Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward”– The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)