Allah Most High says, “I have not created jinn-kind nor mankind for any purpose other than to worship Me.” (Qur’an, 51:56) Take this course to increase your knowledge of the questions that worshippers face in their purity, prayer, and fasting, all in light of a comprehensive textbook of Hanafi law that students have used for centuries. This is the first of three parts. This part focuses on the details beyond the core rulings of the prayer, such as the rulings related to sunna prayers, travelling, inability, the prostrations of forgetfulness and recital, and the Friday prayer, funeral prayers, and prayers of occasions. In addition, the rulings of fasting are covered, closing with a beautiful section on devotional retreat (i’tikaf).
Lesson 25: Witr and Sunna Prayers (two segments; 3 h 30)
Lesson 26: Voluntary Prayers and Praying on Modes of Transport (three segments; 4 h)
Lesson 27: Prayers in Exceptional Situations, Tarawih, and the Traveller (four segments; 4 h 10)
Lesson 28: Prayer of the Sick Person, Expiation, and Make-ups (five segments; 4 h 05)
Lesson 29: Catching the Congregation | The Forgetfulness Prostration (five segments; 4 h 15)
Lesson 30: Prostration of Recital and the Friday Prayer (three segments; 4 h 30)
Lesson 31: Sunnas of Friday; Eid and Eclipse Prayers (four segments; 4 h 10)
Lesson 32: Prayers for Rain, Fear, and Funerals (four segments; 4 h 30)
Lesson 33: Details on the Funeral Prayer, Carrying the Body, and Burial (two segments; 3 h 30)
Lesson 34: Visiting Graves, Martyrs, and Fasting (three segments; 4 h 30)
Lesson 35: Intention, Moon Sighting and Invalidators of the Fast (three segments; 4 h 40)
Lesson 36: Completion of Fasting and the Devotional Retreat (two segments; 3 h 30)
This is a first-level supplementary course in Step Two
- Before taking this course, take The Absolute Essentials of Islam (Hanafi) and/or the Essentials of Worship courses
What You Will Learn:
- Understand slavehood to Allah Most High and why it is important
- Learn the details of prayer and fasting that are generally encountered
- Learn the rulings of witr and the sunna prayers
- Learn the rulings related to prayer when travelling or sick
- Learn the rulings related to the prostration of forgetfulness and the prostration of recital
- Memorize the conditions for the validity and obligation of the Friday, Eid prayers, as well as the conditions for the khutba.
- Learn the nullifiers of the fast and their practical consequences
- Learn about the rulings related to vows and devotional retreat
- Gain a grounding in the method and application of the Hanafi school
Course Requirements: Absolute Essentials of Islam ILAE10 and/or Essentials of Worship (Hanafi)
About the Course Text
This course is an explanation of Nur al-Idah (Light of Clarity), a detailed introduction to the rules of purity, prayer, and fasting authored by a leading authority of the Hanafi school, Abu’l-Ikhlas Hasan al-Shurunbulali (d. 1069 AH/ 1659 CE ). This text covers nearly every issue that arises in the course of these three acts of worship in a clear and comprehensive manner. It is for this reason that Nur al-Idah, along with its commentary Maraqi al-Falah, forms an essential part of nearly every traditional syllabus in Hanafi jurisprudence.
Registration Opens: September 30, 2019
Registration Closes: November 25, 2019
Note: Course material will be available on the first day of classes, October 21, 2019.
Please share this with your family and friends:
“Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward”– The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)