The SeekersGuidance Global Islamic Seminary curriculum is a complete learning path that takes you step-by-step from the essentials of your religion to mastery of the traditional Islamic sciences.
The curriculum has five steps.
Step One: Essentials focuses on the religious knowledge that every Muslim must learn in order to fulfill their personal obligations to Allah Most High. This gives you a clear grounding in your beliefs, worship, living the religion, in your spiritual turning to Allah Most High, as well as a clear understanding of the Islamic scholarly method. The essential first-step for any seeker of knowledge.
Outcomes: Through 8 courses and 3 personal study units, you will learn:
- what exactly your religion is;
- how your religion has been preserved;
- what you must believe about Allah Most High, His messengers, and the afterlife;
- how to worship Allah Most High;
- how to have godfearingness in dozens of everyday life-situations;
- how to live according to the Sunna of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace);
- the life of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace);
- the Arabic words and English meanings of the last 10 Suras of the Qur’an, Surat al-Fatiha, Ayat al-Kursi, and the Closing of Baqara; and
- how to recite the Qur’an fluently.
Courses in Step One
Introduction (2 Courses) (Term 1)
- Absolute Essentials of Islam (Hanafi) OR Absolute Essentials of Islam (Shafi`i)
- Essentials of the Islamic Tradition
Iman (1 Course)
Essentials of Islamic Beliefs
Islam (3 Courses)
- Essentials of of Worship (Hanafi) (2 Courses) OR Essentials of Worship (Shafi‘i) (2 Courses)
- Essentials of Halal and Haram
Ihsan (2 Courses)
Essentials of Islamic Spirituality (2 Courses)
Personal Study Units
- The Life of the Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace)
- Memorization of Short Suras with their English Meanings
- Fluency in Qur’anic Recitation