An exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Islamic Online Seminary on a full/part-time basis working remotely.
SeekersGuidance requires a copy-editor to work with our team and create quality content in English & Arabic that educates, informs, and inspires, to join its dedicated team of professionals working on a growing platform of online Islamic services. The role is best suited to someone with knowledge of disciplines within web-designing for a WordPress website with a strong grasp of the Arabic & English language.
If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment with like-minded experts, this opportunity should not be missed.
Communication & self-motivation skills are essential in this role as you will be an integral part of a tight-knit team working very closely together on a virtual platform.
Key Job Parameters:
- Part-time (20 hours a week); flexible days & hours (with compulsory hours to overlap with the team)
- Location & Schedule:
- Very competitive
Expectations and responsibilities:
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- Correct grammar and spelling
- Ensure the text is in line with the SeekersGuidance ‘house style’
- Check facts and raise queries with the author (where possible)
- Look out for potential legal problems and discuss them with the publisher
- Check illustrations and captions are correct.
- Resolving queries directly with the author, e.g. style and text inconsistencies
- Assist with create ad-copies for Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Youtube
- Coding manuscripts for design features, such as the hierarchy of headings, to instruct the production team
- Producing or working to a style checklist to ensure consistency in hyphenation, capitalization, formatting of references, etc
- Preparing preliminary pages for the title, contents, and preface of a publications
Copy editors must have:
- Excellent written English & Arabic, including good spelling and grammar
- A meticulous approach to their work and an eye for detail
- The ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- A love of and feel for the language.
A successful candidate will have/be:
- 2 years+ experience working in a similar non-profit organization (highly beneficial)
- 2 years+ experience in B2C marketing (beneficial)
- Strong copywriting skills
- Strong email marketing knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong relationship builder with wider teams
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Be open to change and challenge in order to drive the business forward
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Strong communicator internal/external
How to Apply
We welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds. If interested, please apply in confidence to [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter by August 25, 2020.