An exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Islamic Online Seminary on a full-time basis working remotely. SeekersGuidance requires an Outreach Officer to join its dedicated team of professionals working on a growing platform of online Islamic services. The role is best suited to someone with knowledge of the full spectrum of disciplines within digital marketing with a focus on social media campaigns.
SeekersGuidance Global Islamic Seminary is hiring a qualified Outreach Engagement Officer with strong project management, copywriting, online marketing, and community engagement skills, with a strong grasp of the Arabic & English language.
The incumbent’s main responsibility will be the implementation & execution of our Outreach function, showcasing the core values of SeekersGuidance, and making our educational services accessible to a wider audience.
If you would like to work in a collaborative and creative environment with like-minded experts, this opportunity should not be missed.
Communication & self-motivation skills are essential in this role as you will be an integral part of a tight-knit team working very closely together on a virtual platform.
Key Job Parameters:
- Full-time (40 hours a week); flexible days & hours (with compulsory hours to overlap with the team)
- Location & Schedule:
- Very competitive
Expectations and responsibilities:
- A strong grasp of the Arabic & English language
- Contribute to and lead the execution of a coherent and clear strategy (advertising, social, partnerships) for a 12-month marketing plan/efforts for SeekersGuidance. Focusing on the different areas we have to offer:
- Academy (new & existing offerings)
- Development (Growth-Fund – ISF)
- Answer Service
- Content – Blogs & Podcasts
- All of the above has an English & Arabic aspect
- Plan & implement new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Own administration elements, including regular reporting for relevant channels, updating marketing/social calendars, and budget reports when required.
- Create ad-copies for Facebook, Instagram, Google, and Youtube
- Digital strategy minded and digital content delivery.
- Creating design briefs & ad-copies for social media marketing and seeing through to content creation of digital assets.
- Expand the marketing team (internally with employees and externally with volunteers)
- Ensure weekly check-ins with other team members, and departments regarding current projects.
- Implementation and execution of the strategy within marketing sub-teams – social media, advertising, email, data, web optimization, etc
- Increase direct-marketing revenue through donations & registrations
- Build a dedicated SeekersGuidance following – weekly engagement through new and exciting content and multi-faceted social media strategies within 1 year
- Work with the design and tech teams to oversee a review of all website copy and ensure consistency with the new marketing strategy voice
- Work cooperatively and effectively with different personality types as well as other departments & organizations
- Provide up-to-date information on current trends in content writing and competitor activity
- Ensuring that publications are prepared on budget and to schedule
A successful candidate will have/be:
- 2 years+ experience working in a similar non-profit organization (highly beneficial)
- 2 years+ experience in B2C marketing (beneficial)
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms’ front and back end, and how best to use them
- Strong understanding of digital advertising using Facebook, Google and other advertising platforms
- Strong copywriting skills
- Testing and growth mindset
- Strong understanding of A/B testing
- Strong email marketing knowledge
- Email automation experience (preferred)
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong relationship builder with wider teams
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace
- Be open to change and challenge in order to drive the business forward
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Self-motivated uses initiative and problem solver
- Work to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- Strong communicator internal/external
How to Apply
We welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds. If interested, please apply in confidence to [email protected] with your resume and a cover letter by August 25, 2020.