Finance and Operations Manager
SeekersGuidance is looking for an experienced Finance and Operations Manager that will be responsible for ensuring all core operational and internal finance areas are managed and coordinated internally, covering SeekersGuidance Canada and our Global operations. This role involves financial planning, budgeting, financial reporting, and streamlining operational procedures to drive efficiency and growth.
- Full time: 40 hours a week
- Location: Greater Toronto Area
- Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Undertaking financial assessment and accurately projecting financial trajectory to ensure the financial sustainability of the organization through:
- Developing and managing annual budgets for both SeekersGuidance Canada and global operations.
- Coordinating all financial operations, including payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable with external Accounting partners.
- Timely and accurate dashboards and data for Executive Management.
- Effective cash flow management and monitoring.
- Budgeting: keeping track of and measuring financial condition, ensuring the accuracy of revenue and expenditure processes & projections, etc.
- Monitor and analyze financial performance, providing insights and recommendations to Executive and Managing Directors.
- Ensuring all regulatory financial reporting and record-keeping with established and approved external accounting firm(s) to include review of financial statements as prepared by the external auditors, approval of budget for the next fiscal year, etc.
- Work closely with the Development department in a collaborative capacity to ensure that all funding acquisition and sustainability campaigns are aligned with current and periodic financial needs.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements relevant to SeekersGuidance Canada and global operations.
- Streamline and optimize operational processes to enhance efficiency and reduce costs.
- Collaborate with department heads to establish and implement best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track operational performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Serve as a central point of contact for SeekersGuidance Canada and Seekers Istanbul Centre for operations, and coordinate financial and operational activities across both offices.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among both Centres to achieve organizational goals.
- Set performance objectives, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide feedback to staff members.
- Recruit and onboard new team members as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in financial management, accounting, budgeting, and operations management, preferably in the Charitable / Not-for-Profit sector.
- Strong understanding of financial regulations, accounting principles, and tax compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to streamline operational processes and drive efficiency.
- Effective people manager, open to direction with a collaborative work style and an unflinching commitment to getting the job done in a fast-paced, dynamic community service context.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.