Insurance and Renting

Answered by Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat Question: Assalamu alaykum I own a property which I want to pay a lettings agent to fully manage for me. For 10% of the monthy rental income, they will do the tenant finding, rent collection and handle all dealings with the tenant. Within this “fully managed package” is the option […]

Studying History

Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Weltch Question: Assalamu alaykum Is studying the biography of someone considered backbiting (ghibah) if bad qualities of that person are mentioned? Answer: In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate Backbiting Reading and studying about past peoples is not considered backbiting. Backbiting is restricted to the definition given by […]

In Love

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum I like a man and wish to be his wife but the problem is that he lives abroad and doesn’t know me. My mother knows his mother and my mom is willing to go and talk to his mother. But I am afraid they may reject me […]

Children and Marriage

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum I am a practicing sister, alhamdulillah and have been wanting to get married for quite some time. SubhanAllah, for various reasons I have not been able to find a suitable partner until now, in my late thirties. Recently, I connected with a person and we speak on […]

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum If my wife touches my paternal or maternal uncle, does it invalidate his wudu? If I touch her maternal or paternal aunt, does it invalidate her wudu? Answer: Yes, in the Shafi`i school, it does nullify the uncle’s ritual purity in the above case. The same applies […]

Haram Money

Answered by Shaykh Abdul-Rahim Reasat Question: Assalamu alaykum If someone lent somebody halal money and the person returns the money from a haram source. Is it okay to accept that money? Answer: Wa ‘alaykum assalam wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh. I pray you are well. Yes, you can take the money from them. In general, when […]

Sleepless Child

Answered by Shaykh Farid Dingle Question: Assalamu alaykum After adopting a girl and her brother, my son has found that he cannot sleep at night and is extremely demanding? From a spiritual point view, what should we do? Answer: Dear questioner, Thank you for your very important question. The first thing is to be thankful […]

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum My wife and I have issues; her father sides with her and doesn’t try to solve the problems between us. Unfortunately I said to her once, “I divorce you“. Then I forgave her and asked that she came back home. Her dad refused to let her return […]

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum If a Muslim man drinks alcohol and later regrets his sin, how can repent? Can he then marry a Muslim girl? Answer: Assalamu alaykum Sister, Thank you for your question. Your question is answered in the following link: Drinking Alcohol: Are My Prayers Not Valid for 40 […]

Answered by Ustadha Shazia Ahmad Question: Assalamu alaykum Was the Prophet really merciful? I read in Abu Dawud and Nasai that Abu Bakr said that killing anyone for insults is for no man after the Prophet, is this authentic? Abu Bakr’s own daughter Aisha had said that the Prophet would not repel evil with evil […]