Atheists object to the argument for God’s existence from design by asking the question, “Who designed the designer?” This objection is, in fact, a sound objection because the design argument in its common formulation by Christian theists is, in fact, flawed. But it is not a valid objection to the inferences that Muslim theologians make […]
Modern science has revealed that God can do anything. We have always discerned purposes in the universe–the purpose of our eyes is for us to see and the purpose of our ears is for us to hear. But modern science has delved deeper than ever before into these purposes to reveal a unimaginable, unfathomable, undeniable […]
* Courtesy of Masjid al – Furqaan’s Youtube page In this Pre – Khutba talk, Shaykh Sadullah Khan discusses the historical meanings and lessons that we can derive from the sacred days of Hajj, including the great status that Haajar (may Allah be pleased with her) holds in Islam. Furthermore, Shaykh Sadullah reminds us about […]
* Originally published on the 19/07/2019 (Masjid al -Furqaan) In this Pre Khutba talk delivered at at Masjid al – Furqaan in Cape Town (South Africa), Shaykh Sadullah Khan reflects on mankind’s progression and advancement in the scientific and technological domains. He asks us to ponder on the fact that the majority of human beings […]
In this video Imam Yama Niazi discusses the importance of acquiring knowledge in relation to one’s religion. He further emphasizes the various virtues of knowledge and how it raises the station of the seeker when attained and implemented. Imam Yama provides a detailed analysis of how SeekersGuidance works and how a student can navigate through […]
* Originally Published on 24/06/2017 Shaykh Faraz Rabbani shares some key advice from the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) on how to keep the spirit of renewal post-Ramadan.
* Originally Published on 3/07/2016 Hafith Abdullah recites odes of farewell to Ramadan after the Tarawih prayers, in the Cape Malay tradition. He concludes with supplications asking for God’s mercy, forgiveness and His emancipation from the hellfire.
Originally Published on 15/06/2017 In this Friday sermon, Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said calls us to make the most of what is left of Ramadan. He provides key advice on how to engage in worship that impacts and reflects on us positively. The impactful and fruitful worship he talks about is one that rectifies our character, […]
* Originally Published on 5/06/2018 In this reminder, Ustadh Amjad Tarsin gives advice on how to take advantage of the last ten nights and days of Ramadan. He discusses their virtue, the value of seeking Laylatu ‘l-Qadr, and the example of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) in reviving these last ten […]
* Originally Published on 30/06/2016 Ustadha Shehnaz answers the important question of whether or not the night of the 27th of Ramadan is special. She speaks of the meanings behind seeking out the Night of Power (Laylatul Qadr) .