* Originally Published on 3/10/2016 Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said explains why Muharram, the first in the Islamic calendar, is an especially auspicious month on many levels. The Prophets Before Muhammad ﷺ For one, it celebrates the achievement of the prophets who preceded Prophet Muhammad, – on him peace and blessings, in particular the struggle and […]
How do we preserve the light of Ramadan once the month has ended? One of the keys to preserving what we have attained is in the intentions we make before the month ends. We should make firm intentions to do good in Shawwal and beyond. We also need to beg Allah to preserve and […]
What intentions should we make for after Ramadan? We intend to be among those whose entire year is Ramadan We intend that our connection with Allah is expressed in our actions throughout the day and the night We intend to serve the Ummah in the best way by focusing on the Three Objectives (knowledge, […]
* Originally Published on 24/06/2017 Shaykh Faraz Rabbani shares some key advice from the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) on how to keep the spirit of renewal post-Ramadan.
* Originally Published on 3/07/2016 Hafith Abdullah recites odes of farewell to Ramadan after the Tarawih prayers, in the Cape Malay tradition. He concludes with supplications asking for God’s mercy, forgiveness and His emancipation from the hellfire.
Originally Published on 15/06/2017 In this Friday sermon, Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said calls us to make the most of what is left of Ramadan. He provides key advice on how to engage in worship that impacts and reflects on us positively. The impactful and fruitful worship he talks about is one that rectifies our character, […]
* Originally Published on 5/06/2018 In this reminder, Ustadh Amjad Tarsin gives advice on how to take advantage of the last ten nights and days of Ramadan. He discusses their virtue, the value of seeking Laylatu ‘l-Qadr, and the example of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) in reviving these last ten […]
* Originally Published on 30/06/2016 Ustadha Shehnaz answers the important question of whether or not the night of the 27th of Ramadan is special. She speaks of the meanings behind seeking out the Night of Power (Laylatul Qadr) .
Ramadan is a good time to teach children. And to learn from them. Those who spend (of that which Allah hath given them) in ease and in adversity, those who control their wrath and are forgiving toward mankind; Allah loveth the good. (3:134) Sometime in early Ramadan, our blessed mosque was hit with an […]
*Originally Published on 7/06/2018 Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf encourages us to maximise our benefit from the last ten days of Ramadan, and offers advice and practical tips. Step 1: Appreciation & Intention We can begin by appreciating the gift of these blessed ten days, and learning about what Allah is offering us therein. We can […]