Amjad Tarsin was born and raised in Ann Arbor, Michigan. He obtained his Bachelors of Arts at the University of Michigan in English Literature and Islamic Studies.
After completing his BA, Amjad spent an intensive year studying at the illustrious Dar al-Mustafa for Islamic Sciences in Tarim, Yemen. He then enrolled at Hartford Seminary’s Islamic Chaplaincy program where he completed his Master’s Degree.
He previously served as the Executive Director and Head Chaplain of the Muslim Chaplaincy at the University of Toronto, becoming Canada’s first full-time Muslim Chaplain at a university in September 2012. In addition to his administrative duties and leadership responsibilities, he counselled and taught students.
Ustadh Amjad currently is a faculty member at Al-Maqasid, and he also teaches for SeekersGuidance Online Islamic Seminary.
He currently lives outside of Allentown, Pennsylvania with his wife and two children.
- On-Demand – 30 Days, 30 Deeds: A Roadmap of Virtues and Good to Transform Your Life and Relations
- On-Demand – Clarity and Calm in an Age of Anger – Lessons on Navigating Troubled Times
- On-Demand – One Body: Strengthening the Bonds of Love & Community
- On-Demand – Introduction to Islam: What It Means to Be Muslim
- On-Demand- An Introduction to the Methods of Da’wa: The Introduction of Imam al-Haddad’s al-Da’wa al-Tamma Explained: How to Call to Allah With Excellence