Many of us are struggling with the theory and the intellectual level of our understanding of this religion, for one reason or another. Shaykh Hamdi Benaissa argues that we are shortchanging ourselves if we consign the entirety of our faith to our intellect. Inevitably, the intellect cannot give you iman. In fact, the intellect is not a safe place for your iman. With your intellect – specifically the kind of intellect of today, it is not sufficient to expect to be united with the Prophet ﷺ.
Keep the company of the people of dhikr and pray in the deepest part of the night for Allah to show you the truth.
Watch this brief but profound clip below.
Sincere thanks to the Rhoda Institute of Islamic Learning for this recording. Photo credit: Rajarshi Mitra.
Resources for seekers
- VIDEOS: Why Allah? Belief in an Age of Doubt
- How Can I Strengthen My Belief in the Unseen?
- Belief in Destiny, It’s Good and Evil
- Free SeekersHub Course: Essentials of Islamic Belief
- Free SeekersHub Course: Intermediate Islamic Beliefs
- Can You Please Explain the Belief of The “Presence” of the Prophet?
- Misgivings Regarding Apostasy and How to Deal with Them
- How Do I Strengthen My Faith and Truly Repent?
- I Have Baseless Misgivings (Waswasa) About the Soundness of My Faith
- Why Islam Makes Sense
- What is the Ruling For Someone Who Has Thoughts of Disbelief?
- What Takes a Person Out of the Fold of Islam?