Shaykh Hamza Yusuf of Zaytuna College was asked if tawwasul, specifically asking for the Prophet’s intercession is permissable and what the evidence is.
Resources for seekers:
- The Prophet’s ﷺ Reminder to Allah of His Promise
- Is Tawassul Permissible in the Hanafi School?
- Tawassul: Supplicating Allah through an Intermediary
- What Does It Mean When Allah Says No Intercession is Accepted on Judgement Day?
- The Intercession of the Prophet on the Day of Judgment
- Did Adam’s Seek Intercession Through the Prophet?
- Is it Permitted to Say “Ya Muhammad”?
- The Concept and Classification of Bid’a in Islam
- Sunna and Bid`a – Talk & Article by Shaykh Nuh Keller
- Has Sufism been corrupted?
- Is Acting on Weak Hadiths an Innovation?
- The Concept of Bid’a in the Islamic Shari’a