Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam
Question: As salaamu alaykum,
1) During Istinja in order to empty my bowel and clean the anus fully, I insert my fingers inside the anus and use warm water. Is this the correct way?
2) After having a wet dream, when I do ghusl I feel that the water that splashes from my body and hits the shower cube walls and surroundings is impure. Can you give me a solution for this problem as it is extremely distressing?
3) During wudu I also spend too much time, I spend sometimes 20 minutes on wudu. I feel that I don’t wash the necessary parts of the body properly and thoroughly.Can you give me a solution for this?
Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,
I pray that this message finds you well, insha’Allah.
(1) The istinja’ is to clean the point of exit. If filth spreads onto your body, this obviously needs to be cleaned too by wiping it away and then washing the area. Everything else that you are doing is based on your emotions and not the Sacred Law.
(2) The solution is to wipe away the filth and wash the area before stepping into the shower. See: The Ritual Bath (ghusl): Obligatory, Recommended, and Disliked Acts
(3) These are misgivings. Wash your limbs thrice and move on. Your feelings are of no consideration. Seek refuge in Allah from the devil, and ask Allah to lift your difficulties. [see: A Reader on Waswasa (Baseless Misgivings)]
Please consider taking the following free class: Absolute Essentials of Islam: Basic Hanafi Jurisprudence (STEP)
And Allah alone knows best.
Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani