The Heart Has Six States – Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
: Play in a new window | Download to your device (12.3MB)
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani explains the words of Abu Bakr al-Warraq, one of the great early Muslims, who said that “The heart has six states: (1) life or (2) death; (3) health or (4) sickness; (5) wakefulness or (6) sleep.
“Its life is guidance, and its death is misguidance.
“Its health is purity and limpidity, and its sickness is being roiled up and attached.
“Its wakefulness is remembrance, and its sleep is heedlessness.
“Each of these has a sign:
(1) The sign of life is avid news and awe and acting accordingly.
(2) The sign of death is the opposite.
(3) The sign of health is experiencing [spiritual meanings].
(4) The sign of sickness is the opposite.
(5) The sign of wakefulness is hearing and seeing [spiritually, from Allah].
(6) The sign of sleep is the opposite.”
For more SeekersGuidance podcasts, visit https://seekersguidance.org/podcasts/.
Help SeekersGuidance reach millions around the world through reliable knowledge and guidance from qualified scholars, completely free: become a monthly supporter – https://seekersguidance.org/donate.