Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,
(1) Prepare carefully for class
(2) Attend attentively
(3) Review regularly
How to Prepare for the Class
(1) Read the text
(2) Prepare your questions
(1) Do the related readings
(2) Take notes
(3) Note/Look up the verses and hadiths mentioned
(4) Note/Look up definitions of key terms
How to Attend Class
(1) Cut out all distractions
(2) Have high intentions, ask Allah for facilitation
(3) Take careful notes
(4) Ask your questions
How to Review
(1) Have a schedule of review
(2) Have a study partner or group
(3) Review both text and your acting on the text
(4) Follow up questions
(5) Research issues that come up
Strive for Mastery
(1) Acting on what you learn
(2) Know the core material
(3) Know all definitions, key terms, concepts
(4) Be able to teach the text, as you learned it, and answer 90% of likely questions, without having to prepare
(5) Know when to say "I don't know"
And Allah alone gives success.
Some further reading on Seeking Knowledge:
Find many more resources on our website but using the search option above.
Register for our online courses. All our courses are completely FREE as part of Knowledge without Barriers. Your generous donation allows those who cannot afford to, to have access to Knowledge Without Barriers.