Ramadan advice from great luminaries of our time:
Shaykh Faraz Rabbani on the fiqh of fasting
Habib Umar bin Hafiz on the stations of those who love Allah
Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf on the many ways to beloved states
Dr. Umar al Faruq Abd-Allah on finding Allah through fasting
With Ramadan fast approaching, SeekersHub Global wants to aid you and your loved ones in meeting the goals of this noble month.
That’s why we’ve compiled a simple, three-step video guide on how to make the most of Ramadan.
These three steps are the keys to right guidance in any matter: knowledge, sincerity, and action.
(1) Knowledge: Fiqh of Fasting: How to Make Your Fast Last – Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- The verses on fasting Ramadan are only four: Surat al Baqara verses 183-187. Reflect on these verses
- The spiritual purpose of fasting is to attain imindfulness, thankfulness, and magnification of Allah which results in realization of His closeness
- The validity of our fasts rests on abstaining from a few permissible things. It does not rest on staying away from all that is impermissible. This is a mercy from Allah Most High.
BONUS: Question & Answer Session – Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- People become enraptured in their love for creation, but as Allah Most High tells us “those who believe are more intense in their love of Allah”
- A sign of loving Allah, and of Allah’s loving His servant, is that the servant loves the remembrance of Allah
- We must strive to make our fasts an expression of our love of Allah
(3) Action: Finding Allah Through Fasting – Dr. Umar Abd-Allah and Seeking Allah: The Many Ways to Beloved States – Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf
- We were created to worship God through acts such as fasting
- We must prioritize our acts of worship according to the Divine command. Obligatory acts come first
- Allah and His Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) have told us what leads to the love of Allah — of actions, words, and states
- We should strive in this month to leave sin, and inculcate virtue
Finding Allah Through Fasting – Dr. Umar al-Faruq Abd-Allah
Seeking Allah: The Many Ways to Beloved States – Habib Kadhim al-Saqqaf
ACT NOW: Join our #SpreadLight campaign: Can we reach one million students? Help SeekersHub Global #SpreadLight: support us through your generous Ramadan donation: become a monthly supporter; or give one-time support — or give your zakat through SeekersHub, to support needy and deserving scholars and students of knowledge.