Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,
Dear fellow seekers on the path to Allah,
I pray this finds you in the best of health and spirits. As Ramadan is fast approaching, I wanted to make an urgent appeal for support – and share some good news with you.
First, the urgent appeal…
SeekersHub urgently needs to raise $100,000 before the start of Ramadan to pay our scholars and staff; assist a number of scholars and seekers who are in dire need; and cover the costs of our upcoming programs and initiatives that will directly benefit you and your community.
You can make an immediate one-time donation; become a monthly donor; or give your zakat – which is used to support deserving and needy scholars and seekers of knowledge (considered the best of zakat).
Remember that hastening your charity has greater reward than ‘waiting for Ramadan’.
Click here Support SeekersHub
Second, the good news:
(1) Alhamdulillah, SeekersHub Global will be broadcasting a full range of daily Ramadan programming from our website.
This will include live broadcasts of the lessons and Tarawih recitation by Shaykh Ahmad Saad al-Azhari, whom SeekersHub Toronto is hosting for the entire month of Ramadan.
(2) In Ramadan, SeekersHub is launching its full Spanish-language site – with thousands of Answers, articles, audio and video lessons, and other resources, alhamdulillah. (BTW: The site is up, but in development… try to find it!)
(3) During Ramadan, our Term 3 courses will open for registration. We have many new courses, including:
Being Muslim: A Clear Introduction to Islam and Principles of Calling to Allah, with a new SeekersHub teacher, Ustadh Amjad Tarsin;
Explanation of Surat al-Fatiha, with Shaykh Yahya Rhodus; and
New courses in our Arabic Steps curriculum for both beginners (with new SeekersHub teacher, Shaykh Shuaib Ally) and more advanced seekers (with Shaykh Ali Hani, one of the foremost specialists of Qur’anic and Arabic studies in the world).
Take the Ramadan Short Courses: In the meantime, registration is open for our special Ramadan short courses. These are all completely free – supported by our Knowledge Without Barriers program.
Help us spread light by enrolling, and sharing widely with your friends and family.
Register here for Ramadan courses
Third: help us #SpreadLight:
In Ramadan, we’re launching our #SpreadLight campaign, to increase our capacity and reach from serving tens of thousands of students across the world to reach and serve hundreds of thousands of students.
This is at the counsel and call of our senior scholars – who have labelled our work as “the most pressing communal obligation of our times.”
Another of our teachers has challenged us, “This project needs to reach millions of people.”
We’re taking this challenge, trust, and responsibility on – with your support, prayers, and active involvement – and have set a goal of striving to reach a million students through our programs by the end of 2018, by Allah’s leave.
To make this happen, we need three things from you:
(1) Your immediate support, even if small; Donate Now.
(2) Host a fundraising iftar at your home or in your community, to raise funds for the #SpreadLight campaign. Just email [email protected]
(3) Join Team Lanterns. We’re putting a team together to raise funds by taking our message to your family, friends, and community. It’s simple and can be done online. Join the team here.
(4) Join the SeekersHub team – whether to help get the word out about our courses and services in the Outreach team; or to help directly with the #SpreadLight campaign in the Development team; or to help with the Techology team.
Just email [email protected] with the subject line: Volunteering with Seekers, and share some background about yourself, your interests, skills, and time commitment. We need a lot of hands on deck to make this happen, alhamdulillah!
May Allah make this Ramadan a Ramadan of light, in which we turn to the Light of Allah’s Closeness, Love, and Good Pleasure-through turning to His Light of the Qur’an, the Light of His Beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), through the lights of prayer, fasting, recitation, charity, remembrance, service, and all doors of good that our Merciful and Loving Lord has facilitated for us.
May Allah bless you, your families, communities, and the Umma of the Beloved Messenger Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his folk).
Executive Director and Senior Instructor, SeekersHub Global
Click here to Support SeekersHub
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,