1st Annual Fawakih Essay Contest
Fawakih is an Arabic and Islamic studies institute that aims to provide accessible and excellent outlets for study across America through the best teachers, so students may gain access to primary sources (Qu’ran, Hadith, etc.) through Arabic and develop a strong foundational understanding of Islam, without ever having to leave the U.S.
The First Annual Fawakih Essay Contest invites everyone interested in learning Arabic & Islamic Studies at Fawakih this Summer to write an original essay (500 words or less) on the following topic:
TOPIC: Describe a class (religious or non religious) that you think should be required of all American Muslims and explain why it is important.
PRIZES: Winning essayists will receive scholarships for Fawakih 2010 Summer Program Tuition in the following amounts:
- First Place: $750
- Second Place: $500
- Third Place: $250
To encourage student engagement, referring organizations (Masjids, Islamic Schools, MSAs, etc.) of the winning essayists will receive matching Fawakih 2010 Summer Program Tuition awards, which may be distributed to the student(s) of the organization’s choosing.
The first place entry will be featured in the “Fawkih Quarterly.”
- Must be 16 years or older to enter.
- Essays must be original and written by the contestant.
- One entry per contestant.
- Deadline – March 28, 2010 at midnight PST.
- Apply at Fawakih.com for the 2010 Summer Program(s) of your choice.
- Submit your essay by e-mail to [email protected] with your full name, referring organization, and “Fawakih Essay Contest” in the Subject line.
APPLY TODAY! www.fawakih.com