https://seekersguidance.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/librarystairs.gif 400 297 Content Team https://seekersguidance.org/svg/Logo/SG_Logo_v23.svg Content Team2010-01-30 03:42:322019-04-26 18:50:27Ten Types of Ibadah (Worship) – Imam al-Ghazzali
Ten Types of Ibadah (Worship) – Imam al-Ghazzali
“Imam al-Ghazzali in his book “al-Arba’in fi Usul al-Deen” has enumerated ten forms which worship can take:
2. Prescribed Alms-giving.
4. Haji or pilgrimage to Makkah.
5. Reciting the Holy Qur’an.
6. Remembrance of Allah in all possible situations.
7. Earning one’s livelihood in accordance with the regulations of the Shari’ah
8. Fulfilling one’s obligations towards one’s companions and neighbors.
9. Persuading people to act righteously and dissuading them fromwhat is reprehensible and forbidden.
10. To follow the Sunnah, or the practice of the Holy Prophet (Allah bless him an grant him peace)”
[p. 71 of Volume I of “Ma’ariful Qur’an” by Mufti Shafi Usmani]