A Comprehensive Guide to Istikhara
The Prayer of Seeking Guidance
SeekersGuidance Readers provide the seeker with a purposely curated list of articles, answers and other content on a particular topic.
Have you ever become exhausted in trying to make a decision? Needed trustworthy advice? Sought sincere guidance? Craved validation for your decision? The answer to these questions is another question: Who is more Superior than Al-Hadi – one of the 99 names of Allah Most High – meaning “He who guides and gives success”, to provide perfect Guidance? Istikhara is a prayer of seeking guidance from Allah Most High. And this is a comprehensive guide for Istikhara and Istikhara-related questions including guidance for marriage.
Articles on Istikhara
Questions and Answers Relating to Istikhara
- Istikhara Prayer for Marriage
- Istikhara: The Prayer of Seeking Guidance
- Understanding the Answer to My Istikhara
- Someone Else’s Istikhara Contrary to One’s Own Istikhara
- I prayed Istikhara and I am Still Unsure
- Is It Permissible to Do Istikhara for Another Person?
- Should My Father Meet My Suitor Despite a Worrying Istikhara Prayer?
- Can I Perform the Prayer of Seeking Guidance (Salat Al-Istikhara) More Than Once?
- Can I Perform the Istikhara Prayer About a Matter Regarding Which I Have Already Performed It?
- Is It Permitted to Pray the Istikhara Prayer for Another?
- Following Istikhara in Pursuing Marriage
- Asking Someone to Make Istikhara On Your Behalf
- Did the Answer to My Istikhara Come in My Dreams?
- The Permissibility of Asking Another to Perform the Guidance Prayer (istikhara)
- Should I Accept a Proposal From My Relative Due To My Mother’s Death?
- Marrying Someone Older
- In Love