“Modern physics does not believe in red apples” – Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah quotes the physicist Dr. Wolfgang Smith.
Modern physics says that red apples are only two dimensional in their existence, which we humans perceive as red apples. However, Muslims believe that red apples exist in their third dimension, says Dr. Umar. Great Muslim scientists of the past studied science for self knowledge, as the believer’s worldview is that we are the blueprint of the world and the world is a blueprint of us. Hence, when we study the world, we are studying ourselves.
Resources for seekers
- Pursuit of Islamic Knowledge by Ustadh Faraz Khan
- What Role Should the Intellect Play When Seeking God
- Antidote in the Wing of a Fly
- The Loss of Adab, The Corruption of Knowledge, and The Moral Dislocation of the Muslim World
- How do We Know? Summary of Lecture by Syed Muhammad Naquib Al Attas
- Overwhelmed by Beauty and Truth, by Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah
- Living Right With This Planet – Dr Umar Faruq Abdallah