“No knowledge without practice, no practice without knowledge.” From China to Portugal to Morocco, past Islamic civilizations were filled with great beauty and truth, soothing and nourishing the souls, recounts Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah.
However, modern catastrophic changes destroyed this beauty, by betrayals of the Prophetic message through violations of the truth. Watch Dr. Umar explain the correlation between beauty and truth, and how we can reconnect with our original purpose.
Photo by Mario Duran
Resources for Seekers
- “The Revival of Faith Against Intolerance”, Dr. Umar Faruq Abd-Allah
- Does Sufism Inherently Feed Into Perennialism? Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad
- What Islamic Perspective is Taught at SeekersHub?
- VIDEO: Dr Umar Faruq Abdallah in Conversation
- A Sufi & A Salafi – Love, Warmth and Friendship is Possible
- Living Right With This Planet – Dr Umar Faruq Abdallah