As main tools of communication and connectivity, Social Media is everywhere, and with immediacy. Ustad Amjad Tarsin calls us to ponder to what end? For what purpose?
Two individuals could be doing the exact same thing, and one is rewarded and one may be punished. What gives? What is the difference between the two? Ustadh Amjad invites us to ponder on the value of purpose and intention in every deed and action performed by the individual; what makes or breaks our actions?
“As believers we do not go off on auto pilot” reminds Ustadh Amjad; the urgency lies in reflecting and making purposeful intentions. “Social media should not be a replacement for real life.”
Ask yourself, “what purpose is this for– to what end? How does this connect me to Allah ?” Sure , social media offers you anonymity from the creation and instant connectivity; but Allah is always with you and aware of all that you do–even before you think of it. What then have you to show your Creator? what is it that you wish to share with your Lord?
The believer should have purpose in life with God-consciousness and intentionality as the provisions and tools for true, long lasting success.
Cover photo by MKHMarketing
Resources for the Seekers:
- From Inside to Outside: The Importance of Intention
- Devotion with Purpose – Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- A Reader on Sincerity, Intention, and the Purpose of Spiritual Routines
- Good Opinion of Allah and Renewing Faith by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
- Seeking Sincerity: How Can One Strive To Have One’s Actions
- How To Attain Sincerity: Keys, Signs, and Advice
- The Dangers of Judging People Based on Their Status Updates
- Positive Spiritual Thinking: Choosing Mindfulness (taqwa)
- Dealing With My Husband Having Female Facebook Friends