Muslim attitudes to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer – LGBTQ individuals and communities are often under a spotlight. Shaykh Walead Mosaad was asked how we should respond, as part of the question and answer session at the Islamic Society of Greater Charlotte. He first clarified where the shariah draws the line with regards to acting on homosexual feelings, undergoing sex-change operations, etc. but then asks, can someone be a Muslim and a homosexual? Watch this short clip to hear this explanation.
Resources for seekers on Muslim attitudes to LGBTQ issues:
- Mockery, by Imam Zaid Shakir
- Tackling Homosexual Feelings
- Answers Service: Married Man Addicted to Boys
- Answers Service: My Friend of the Same Gender Has Feelings for Me
- A Hadith Regarding the People of Lut and the Aims of Islamic Law