Allah Most High says, “I am near – I answer the call of the one who calls upon me (2:186).
Yet, many of us wonder: Are my duas being answered? Is there a certain dua I have to read for each of my concerns? Do my duas have to be in Arabic?
In this series of short talks, Shaykh Faraz Rabbani explains the reality of dua (supplication) and how to turn to Allah. It is based on a classical text on the same subject by Shaykh al Islam Zakariyya al Ansari.
This video covers the various states when we are called upon to make dua, and when it is particularly likely to be answered.
It also contains many gems about the etiquettes of visiting and being with people.
The text is divided into the 11 concise, apt sections described below.
1. The reality of dua
2. Our being called on to make dua
3. The great virtue of dua
4. The integrals of supplication, its wings, and its means
5. The conditions of supplication
6. Its proper manners
7. The times of dua and the state in which it should be made
8. Signs of acceptance of dua
9. Explaining the religious ruling of dua
10. Some encompassing supplications
11. Explaining what the greatest Divine Name is
Take a SeekersHub online course. All courses are completely free, and are taught by reliable, qualified scholars.
SeekersHub Global, a non-profit Islamic educational portal, makes sound knowledge from reliable scholars available anywhere, at any time, through online courses, on-the-ground seminars, engaging and inspiring Islamic media and direct access to scholars through our Answers service — all for FREE.
Help us continue to provide Knowledge Without Barriers through your ongoing monthly support or a one-time donation.
Resources for Seekers
- My Journey to Light, by Ibrahim J. Long
- Forgotten Sunnas: Healthy Relationships Through Visiting the Sick
- Spiritual Struggle: The Trial Of Dealing With People
- Harms of Aloneness: The Prophet’s Firm Discouragement of Living or Travelling Alone
- Can I Ask Allah to Facilitate for Me to Marry Someone
- Bringing Barakah Into Your Wealth and Life