The good folks at Rizqwise have a very worthy multi-part series on debt that you should really listen to.
If you haven’t got the time, this concluding episode is not to be missed. Rizqwise speak to Rehan Huda, a prominent investment banker and leading authority in Islamic Finance, about some of the key lessons we can learn from the long history of debt.
Don’t forget to subscribe to their email newsletter to stay up to date.
Debt: The Full Rizqwise Series
- How Debt Destroys Lives, Communities, and Civilizations
- How to Stay Out of Debt (For Good)
- Ask Risqwise: Is investing in the stock market risky?
- How to Get Back on Track With Your Debt Elimination Plan
- 5 Tips to Stay Motivated While Paying Off Debt
- Ask Rizqwise: Should I pay off loans before investing?
- Avalanche vs Snowball: Two Very Different Ways to Pay Off Debt
- Ask Rizqwise: How do I go “all in” on debt?
- How to Set Your Debt Free Date
- The Critical First Step to Eliminating Debt Once and For All
- Ask Rizqwise: Why Credit Cards Make You Spend More Money
- The Great Debate: Active vs Passive Investing
- Ask Rizqwise: Getting Married and Out of Debt
Resources for seekers:
- Zakat & Long-Term Debts
- Seeking Refuge from Debt, Sin, and Disbelief
- Going On Hajj While in Debt
- Zakat on Gold While Having Debts
- Can a Person in Debt Purchase Unnecessary Items?
- Can I Give in Charity When in Debt?
- Can I Deduct up to a Year Worth of Long Term Debt Payments When Calculating Zakat Payments?
- Paying Zakat vs. Paying Off a Debt
- The Wife’s Responsibility to Pay Zakat
- Are We Beyond Slavery? Not even close
- Paying Off Debts of the Deceased
- Should I Give Out a Loan to a Close Relative if I’m Already in Debt?
- Giving Zakat to Help Pay Off Debts
- Is Zakat Due When My Mortgage is Greater Than My Assets?
- Calculating Zakat and Going on Hajj with a Student Loan
- Why It Is not Valid To Forgive a Debt Someone Owes You and To Deem It As Zakah?
- Some Rulings Related to the Dowry
- Zakat Questions: Resetting Start Date, Miscalculations, and Debt Deduction
- Do I Have to Pay Zakat if I Have a High Income But I Use All of My Income To Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Interest, Parents, & Upholding Good Character
- Is an Indexed Loan Akin to Unlawful Usury?
- What Should I Do About Interest Charges From Banks?
- Micro-finance Loans and Riba
- Are Islamic Mortgages Really Different From Conventional Mortgages?
- “Zero-Percent Financing”: Is It Really Interest Free?