A lot of people get confused between the idea of relying on God and taking the means. Sometimes, this can even lead to “Islamic fatalism,” and a sense of “if Allah knows everything, why should I do anything?”
“You don’t know where your life will end, but you do know that it will end somewhere.”
In this clip, Shaykh Walead Mosaad explains how misunderstanding the Divine Decree can lead to a sense of desperation, while a true perspective will lead to liberation.
Cover photo by Tina Lapointe.
Resources for Seekers
- Things Inconsistent With Accepting Fate – Imam Ghazali
- Destiny and Human Responsibility in Islam – SeekersHub Answers
- Can Supplication Change Destiny? – SeekersHub Answers
- A Reader on the Problem of Evil, Suffering, Punishment, Destiny, and Allah’s Mercy
- Intermediate Islamic Beliefs: Ghazali’s Foundations of Islamic Belief (Qawa`id al-`Aqa’id) Explained