Shaykh Hamza Yusuf emphasizes the importance of seeking sacred knowledge, even in times of fitna (tribulation), citing examples of great scholars like Shaykh Abdul-Wahid Ibn ‘Ashir and Mawlana Rumi, who lived through extreme times of fitna themselves. Please watch the clip below, but also watch the full lecture and many more via the wonderful Deenstream service.
Want to learn more? Take an online course with reliable scholars at the SeekersHub Academy, where dozens of topics are covered each term.
Resources on seeking sacred knowledge in times of fitna:
- Ten Adab of Seekers of Knowledge
- The Etiquette of Seeking Knowledge
- Loss of Adab, The Corruption of Knowledge and the Moral Dislocation of the Muslim World
- “From knowing nothing to becoming a student of knowledge”
- The Way of The Seeker: How To Seek Islamic Knowledge
- SuccessfullyMeetings with Men of Knowledge and Illumination
- The Intentions for Seeking Knowledge – Imam Abdullah al-Haddad
- Is It Sinful to Seek Knowledge without Trying to Become a Scholar?
- Should I Finish My College Degree Before Seeking Sacred Knowledge?
- Creed of Ibn ‘Ashir