https://seekersguidance.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/cemetary-burial-funeral-janaza-tombstone-feature-864388_1920.jpg 630 1200 Content Team https://seekersguidance.org/svg/Logo/SG_Logo_v23.svg Content Team2016-07-20 08:51:132020-08-11 13:28:20What You Need to Know About the Fiqh of Burial, by Imam Tahir Anwar
What You Need to Know About the Fiqh of Burial, by Imam Tahir Anwar
How much do you know about the fiqh of burial? Do you know what is the first call to make when someone dies? What sort of preparation do you need to make? Is there a religious significance to washing the shroud in Zamzam water? What sort of instructions should you give to your relatives? Is it really true that we must encourage a dying person to recite the testimony of faith? And is organ donation permissible?
In this video, Imam Tahir Anwar discusses what we possibly consider the most difficult subject to think about: death and dying. However, it’s also one of the most important subjects, not to mention a situation that we are all absolutely guaranteed to face, sooner or later.
“Life has no guarantees. A person could pass away at any time.”
Resources for Seekers
- How Do We Deal With the Death of a Loved One?
- The Bathing, Funeral Prayer and Burial of the Prophet ﷺ
- How Not To Be Afraid Of Death – We’re Muslim After All
- How To Benefit from Remembering Death?
- Supplicating for Death in Madina & Burial in Baqi
- Can We Delay the Burial of Someone To Avoid Dispute?
- Burial Amongst Muslims, and a Directive for Proper Burial/Estate Division