Shaykh Yahya Rhodus mentioned what he described as a “prayer for healing” that was given to him by Habib Muhammad bin Ali al-Junayd. With his permission, we produce it here for all to benefit.
BISMILLAH AL-RAHMAN AL-RAHIM
Allahumma Salli wa sallim ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammadin al-Hadi ila tariq al-milla. Allahumma salli wa sallim ‘ala Sayyidina Muhammad wa bi jahihi isrif ‘anni kulla maradin wa alamin wa waja’in wa ‘illa (then, mention the particular sickness), wa ‘ala alihi wa sahbih.
Oh Allah bless and bestow peace upon Sayyiduna Muhammad, the Guide to the path of religion. Oh Allah bless and bestow peace upon Sayyiduna Muhammad, and through his rank, remove from me every illness, pain, ailment, and disease, and upon his Family and Companions.
Dua To Recite When Sick and Other Resources for Seekers:
- The Powerful Dua of a Parent
- How Should the Hands Be Held During Supplication?
- Struggling to Have Children: Ten Key Etiquettes of Du’a
- Invocation (dhikr) and Supplication (dua) after Prayer
- Brief Prophetic Supplication (dua) for Difficulties
- Why Doesn’t Allah Answer My Supplications?
- Can I Make Dua In My Own Language and Not In Arabic?
- Is There a Supplication (Du`a) to Help Control a Bad Temper?
- What is the Sunna Method of Seeking a Cure to an Illness?
- Istikhara: The Prayer of Seeking Guidance
- What Can I Recite During the Qunut of Witr If I Don’t Know the Sunna Supplication?
- Selected Supplications and Prayers
- Why is Supplication (dua) Considered Worship in Islam?
- How Does One Perform The Prayer Of Need?
- A Manual on Supplication (dua): The Essence of Worship?