Our Origins and Love
Habib Hussein begins by talking about the various components of human beings; the high elements and the low elements. The high element is from the spirit, and yearns for permanent, lasting things. However, the lower element is the body, which runs after temporary things.
He goes on to say that we need to reconsider our idea of love. We may love people, groups, or things that give us a sort of happiness, even though they give us little or no benefit. On the other hand, Allah is our maker and Sustainer, and He gives us everything we need.
What Allah wants from us is not for us to pray with a sense of obligation, but a sense of true love and intimacy with Him.
Resources for Seekers
- The Messenger I Love - Ibrahim Long
- "Delusions of Love - When The Heart Tries To Go It Alone"
- Spiritual Sustenance - Reflections on Family by Sr. Chloe Idris
- How To Attain Focus, Patience And Stillness In A Chaotic World
- Four Keys to The Most Successful Marriage