In Islam, faith is an active rather than passive concept. From the sinner to the saint, everyone’s faith will waver from time to time.
What do we do about it?
Regardless of which faith group we belong to, we will waver in of our faith in the existence of God, our confidence in the applicability of faith in modern times, as well as in the strength of our spiritual connections. As Shaykh Walead Mosaad explains, a decrease in faith is a test just like pain, fear, or financial difficulty. Watch him discuss this difficult topic and advise us how to keep our religious equilibrium.
Resources for Seekers
- Belief In God In An Age Of Doubt
- How Does a Person Come Back to Allah?
- Do Any of These Thoughts or Scenarios Entail Disbelief?
- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf on Atheists, Balance, and Responsibility
- Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad’s Commentary on Difficult ‘Contentions
- The Way of Mainstream Islam in Belief, Practice, and Spirituality
- Islam’s Rational Monotheism – The Humble “I”