The Companions were humans like us…but their ranks were raised by virtue of their spiritual transformation. Some of them used to commit terrible crimes, but they were forgiven. Hearts hard as rocks became soft and full of mercy. What was the cause of this amazing transformation? Shaykh Faid Mohammed Said sheds some light.
The presence of the Prophet ﷺ and his teachings changed them from the inside out.
One of these blessed companions was in the market when he realized that he had been robbed. Upon that discovery, he raised his hands in prayer. The people around him decided that the thief was finished, as no one could come to any good if this companion, who was so close to the Prophet, prayed against him.
But he didn’t. Shaykh Faid Muhammad Said tells us what he did pray for…and why.
Inspired by this story? Try one of SeekersHub’s FREE online courses, such as The Sunna of Speech: Prohibitions of the Tongue, taught by Shaykh Rami Nsour.
Resources for Seekers
- How does Islamic knowledge transform us and why?
- Reflections on Purification of the Heart – Ustadha Raidah Shah Idil
- Counsels & Wisdom on Uprightness & Spiritual Transformation
- How Can I Purify My Heart? A Reader
- Reflecting on Hadiths of Justice and Mercy
- Benefits of Simplicity – Shaykh Hussain Abdul Sattar
- Connecting Our Hearts to Allah – Ustadh Amjad Tarsin