There are spiritual advantages to our friendship. Alone we may fall prey to depression, loneliness, or temptation, Shaykh Seraj Hendricks explains in the latest installment of the Travelling Light series.
Shaykh Seraj’s exposition of Imam Ghazali’s Book 14 of the Ihya Ulum al-Din, On the Halal and Haram is now online, thanks to Classes | Travelling Light.
Human beings benefit from companionship, and the company that we keep is extremely important. Shaykh Seraj discusses the importance of fellowship for the spiritual wayfarer in the words of Imam Ghazali.
For more Travelling Light videos, please visit Nursari.
Want to develop your understanding of good character and concern for others? Try taking a FREE online course, such as The Prophetic Call: Imam Haddad’s Counsel on Calling to Allah Explained, taught by Ustadh Amjad Tarsin, Canada’s first full-time Muslim university chaplain.
Resources for Seekers
- Keep The Company of These Three Types of People
- Fighting Depression Through The Remembrance Of Allah
- Damaged Inner State? Imam Ghazali on Repentance
- I Became Muslim and Am Now Lonely and Depressed
- Islamic Time Management – Imam Ghazali on Careful Use of Time
- How Can I Convince My Friend to Avoid Bad Company?
- Harms of Aloneness: The Prophet’s Firm Discouragement of Living or Travelling Alone
- Ridding Oneself of Depression and Suicidal Thoughts